ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1.2, SUN Solaris, StorEdge L20

2001-01-15 17:37:39
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1.2, SUN Solaris, StorEdge L20
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:39:00 +1300
Viliam Varga wrote:
> TSM device driver (lb) cannot identify library contrloler on tape library
> SUN StorEdge L20 (2 drives, 20 tapes). TSM tape device driver (mt) works
> fine on both DLT 7000 drives. Veritas NetBackup BusinesServer 3.3 software
> installed on the same machine uses library robot and drives without
> failures.

This sounds remarkably similar to the problem I had with my StorageTek L20 -
I assume it's the same thing, since the description matches.  I was trying
to use it with TSM 3.7.3, and it didn't work until I upgraded the code to
3.7.4.  (I posted to the list about it at the time, so you should be able to
find details in the list archive if you want them.)

But the other thing I did was re-install the OS in 32-bit mode.  It could be
worth a try - and if you contact Tivoli about it, they will very likely
suggest doing it.

If that doesn't work, my suggestion is to log a call with Tivoli.  They made
some kind of change between 3.7.3 and 3.7.4 that made it work for me - so
it's possible you might need the same change at the 4.1 level.