ADSM-L

Re: Multiple client nodes on one AIX server

2001-01-15 18:43:04
Subject: Re: Multiple client nodes on one AIX server
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:44:18 +1000
Hi Ray,

This dsm.sys is from a test solaris box that has multiple clients Client
version is 3.7.0
server is aix 3.1.2.50

identical copies of this dsm.sys reside on two boxes (qhsu007 and 8) that are
Veritas clustered
and the application acc-ora-ottr and its IP address swap between them.

It looks like the servername must be different for each stanza, which has
security ramifications as the encrypted password is stored under the server
name.

SErvername             QHSU007
    nodename           qhsu007
    COMMmethod         TCPip
    TCPPort            1500
    TCPServeraddress   10.86.2.155
    COMPression        Yes
    PasswordAccess      generate
    errorlogname       /var/log/dsmerror.log
    errorlogretention  7
    schedlogname       /var/log/dsmsched.log
    schedlogretention  7
    schedmode          prompted
    tcpclientaddress   10.86.4.60

SErvername             QHSU008
    nodename           qhsu008
    COMMmethod         TCPip
    TCPPort            1500
    TCPServeraddress   10.86.2.155
    COMPression        Yes
    PasswordAccess      generate
    errorlogname       /var/log/dsmerror.log
    errorlogretention  7
    schedlogname       /var/log/dsmsched.log
    schedlogretention  7
    schedmode          prompted
    tcpclientaddress   10.86.4.61

* This stanza is used by the second dsmc sched process and the opt
* file in /p01/app/tsm/acc-ora-ottr to backup the acceptance ottr
* data

SErvername             ACC-ORA-OTTR
    nodename           acc-ora-ottr
    COMMmethod         TCPip
    TCPPort            1500
    TCPServeraddress   10.86.2.155
    TCPWIndowsize      1024
    COMPression        Yes
    PasswordAccess     generate
    schedmode          prompted
    tcpclientaddress   10.86.4.50
    errorlogname       /p01/app/tsm/dsmerror.log
    errorlogretention  7
    schedlogname       /p01/app/tsm/dsmsched.log
    schedlogretention  7
    postschedulecmd    "scp -Q -B /p01/app/tsm/dsmsched.log
qhsu009:/dct/tsm/logs/acc-ora-ottr_dsmsched.log"

SErvername            QHADSM2O
   nodename           tdo-test
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   10.86.2.155
   COMPression        Yes
   PASSWORDAccess     prompt

   include /ottra1/.../* rman
   include /ottra2/.../* rman

>>> Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM> 16/01/2001 4:40:12 >>>
Hello all,

I'm running TSM 3.7.3.8 on AIX 4.3.3.  I have a server which I'd like to
backup as several different nodes.  So far I've had no luck getting more
than one node on the server.  I've searched the archives with no luck,
probably not searching the right keywords.  Anyway, can someone lead me to
documentation on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.
Ray Baughman
Engineering Systems Administrator
TSM Administrator
National Machinery Co.
Phone:   419-443-2257
Fax:     419-443-2376
Email:   rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com