ADSM-L

Re: Mac file restore

2000-11-22 10:13:09
Subject: Re: Mac file restore
From: John Monahan <JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:11:38 -0600
1.  Make sure you have "USEUNICODEF YES" in the options file on the NT
Server.
2.  I once had the same issues, I believe upgrading to TSM 3.7 on the
client is what fixed the problem.  Your server can remain at 3.1.

    John Monahan
    Network Administrator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677

                    Toni Banire
                    <Toni_T_Banire@S        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    BPHRD.COM>              cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     Mac file restore
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    11/22/00 05:56
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Does anyone know f there is a way I can backup Macintosh files that reside
on an
NT server and restore them successfully so that the MAC file can be read on
the
Mac system.
We use NT4, ADSM 3.1.06 Client and Server. The ADSM server runs Solaris
2.6. We
use DAVE v2.1 to get the mac files onto the NT system.

When the restore is done on this particular file it appears to lose the
resource
information. However this does not happen on all files of this type.
When you open the file it thinks it is a PC file and can't find an
association
for the file. When you select the option to choose an application to open
the
file with, the correct application is not listed.

I can't seem to figure out why the restore works on some files and not
others.

TIA

Toni