ADSM-L

Re: Offsite Vaulting

2000-11-06 16:20:23
Subject: Re: Offsite Vaulting
From: "Wise, Alan N." <Alan.Wise AT BCBSLA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:03:55 -0600
A further note: Our site uses ADSM 3.1.2 and DRM on OS/390 v2.4 with DFrmm
(a CA-1 work-alike).  In the daily housekeeping sequence for ADSM a DRM
command updates the ADSM offsite volume inventory and also creates a set of
commands to update the RMM inventory.  The ADSM command "MOVE DRMEDIA *
WHERESTATE=MOUNTABLE TOSTATE=VAULT cmd='rmm cv &vol eject'
cmdfile='SYS2.ADSMRMM.EJECT.LIST' APPEND=YES" runs on the ADSM server
platform and places RMM commands used to eject tape volumes from an
automated library into an OS file on the OS/390 platform.  We've done other
tailoring to the RMM procedures to exempt volumes ADSM expects to manage;
RMM is somewhat too literal using dataset names as identifiers for action.
I'm sure CA-1 has a similar command structure to allow updates; it has been
to long since I've dealt with TLMS/TMS/UCC1.