ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server 4.1.1

2000-09-14 17:08:36
Subject: Re: TSM Server 4.1.1
From: David_Bohm AT TIVOLI DOT COM
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:08:09 -0700
>As it says in the README

>>This is a smit/installp installable PTF that will install as
>>level 4.1.1.0. You must have the base level (4.1.0.0) installed
>>otherwise this PTF will fail to install.
>
>I wouldn't be surprised if you need to pay for the baselevel CD.

This is a good point.  I did not consider this could be what
they did.  You can not go to 4.1.1 from 3.7.anything without
first putting on the base product 4.1.0.0.  There are things
missing from the PTF.  The licensing executable and the server
executable from different versions will not work together.  The
licensing executable only comes in the base product.  If the
two executables are from different versions then you are running
in try-buy mode.

David Bohm
TSM server development
email - dbohm AT tivoli DOT com