ADSM-L

Monitoring, and Generating alerts from ADSM.

2000-09-08 12:57:38
Subject: Monitoring, and Generating alerts from ADSM.
From: Daniel Swan/TM <Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:56:45 -0700
My org has determined that they'd like to incorporate ADSM into our existing
alert infrastructure.   I figure it's a matter of parsing the event log,
formatting the
information, and writing it to a logfile.  The logfile is then read by a
daemon, and
forwarded to the Alert/Logging server.  Failed/missed backups will result in
a late-nite page.
(Oh goody!).

Before I go about doing this though, I'd like to know about methods you
folks have
used for monitoring ADSM, how it is architectured, and any code you'd care
to share.

No sense re-inventing the wheel.

Best regards,
Dan.