ADSM-L

Re: Monitoring, and Generating alerts from ADSM.

2015-10-04 17:27:37
Subject: Re: Monitoring, and Generating alerts from ADSM.
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
You don't say what your ADSM server platform is...

but you can certainly process the event log with a program to find
missed/failed backups (which we do, and send email messages to the
interested parties).

You might also want to know that for non-event log error messages, ADSM is
already SNMP enabled.
You can turn on the dsmsnmp daemon (that's for the AIX server platform) and
have any ACTLOG messages you select (or all of them, if you're a masochist)
forwarded to your logging server.

Look for "SNMP" in the index of the ADMIN guide for more info.
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert