ADSM-L

Re: Can't retrieve another client's files

2000-08-31 10:16:19
Subject: Re: Can't retrieve another client's files
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:15:54 -0400

> > dsmc> set access archive "/home/user/*/*" myclient root
>
> Eliza - Something that I should have suggested yesterday:
>
> Given that root is retrieving the files, and root can have global access
> to files on a system, you could use -VIRTUALNodename instead of doing
> a Set Access.  So with -VIRTUALNodename=___ and -PASsword=___ you could
> have access to all the files on the other client system.
>    Richard Sims, BU

Richard, Dwight,

I see where the problem is now.  The destination path must exist for the
retrieve to work.  The quotes don't seem to matter.

dsmc retrieve -fromnode=spider01.cc.vt.edu /home/user/lau/test.f  /tmp/test.f
ANS4005E Error processing '/tmp': file not found

mkdir /home/user
mkdir /home/user/lau

dsmc retrieve -fromnode=spider01.cc.vt.edu /home/user/lau/test.f /tmp/test.f
Retrieving              57 /home/user/lau/test.f --> /tmp/test.f [Done]

Richard,  what is the difference between using "dsmc retrieve -fromnode"
and "dsmc retrieve -virtualnode -pa".  Why do you prefer -virtualnode over
-fromnode?
Eliza
Eliza