ADSM-L

Oggetto: Migration of Disk Pools Using MOVE DATA

2000-08-08 08:54:18
From: Alessio Prodon <aprodon AT CENTROGESTIONE.G-NET DOT IT>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:54:18 +0200
Hello !!

I don't understand why you need four admin schedules to start and other four fro
stop.

I use two:

upd stg stgpool hi=1 lo=0  (  for start migration )

upd stg stgpool hi=100 lo=99 ( for stop migration )

Good luck
Alessio Prodon

Valeriano Bassi <Valeriano.Bassi AT SSB DOT IT> il 08/08/2000 14.44.30

Per favore, rispondere a "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Per:  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Cc:    (ccr: Alessio Prodon/Centro di Gestione/G-Net/IT)

Hi there,
I have four disk storage pools which I migrate before nigthly activity using the
HI/LO
threshold method. This need four admin schedules to start, other four to stop
and
the ability not to overlap them losing all tape drives.

I tried MOVE DATA command (in a single script) but it seems to me that this is a
low performance method, at least in my installation. In the main storage group,
the production one, there are five volumes and the next tape SP has collocation
enable.
The process is very slow and cause a lot of mount of tape volumes ; from my
understanding, if I have the data of 10 clients in every volume this will cause
50
tape mounts vs 10 tape mounts of the migration process (that BTW, maybe of
multiple tasks).

May be I'm completely wrong but what's the best method to migrate disk pools?
Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards
Valeriano Bassi          valeriano.bassi AT ssb DOT it