ADSM-L

Re: 4.1 client for Windows

2000-08-01 19:11:59
Subject: Re: 4.1 client for Windows
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:11:59 -0700
I'm not sure if this question was answered yet, so apologies
in advance I'm retreading covered ground.

The TSM 4.1 clients are supported only on TSM 3.7 and 4.1
servers. Theoretically the 4.1 client might run on an ADSM
3.1 server, but such a configuration is UNSUPPORTED. This
means that if you try to run the 4.1 client with a 3.1 server,
it might work, but you do so at your own risk!!!

Translation: Don't do it!

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Can I run this client if my ADSM server is still at ADSM and hasn't been
moved to TSM yet ? Or is this only for environments running TSM on the
server as well ?

Mike