ADSM-L

Re: 4.1 client for Windows

2000-08-01 09:19:50
Subject: Re: 4.1 client for Windows
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:19:50 -0500
I have to agree with this; so many of the failures seem to show up within a
day or so of real-world use. I can appreciate that the TSM staff may not
have access to all the fancy hardware, but you'd think they could at least
beat the AIX client/server code heavily before releasing it. For that
matter, I'd think that the TSM development/test group would have some kind
of arrangement with the IBM Business Recovery Services unit (the D/R
services side of IBM) for joint hardware acquisition and use.

OTOH, maybe I'm just showing my age . . .

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc.