ADSM-L

Re: IBM 3494/3590 Question

2015-10-04 17:30:27
Subject: Re: IBM 3494/3590 Question
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
1) sure !

2) Ok, I don't believe that software controlled sharing of the drives is
available...
        what you should be able to do is cable the drive to two different
systems (via port 0 &1)
        then... through taking the tape drive ports online & offline AND
through AIX making devices available or deleted (just in a defined state)
        share the/a drive between two systems... that is, if one is in a
bind you could switch a drive over to that system to ease a bad situation.

Dwight

(have not actually/physically performed #2 but should work...have looked
into it in the past...)