ADSM-L

Re: IBM 3494/3590 Question

2000-05-31 22:00:33
Subject: Re: IBM 3494/3590 Question
From: Eric Tang <tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:00:33 +0800
I am testing a new ADSM server on SP node to replace an existing ADSM
Server also on SP node. As there is no extra 3590 drive for testing, I am
sharing 6x3590-B1A with the existing. I am doing option 2 as Dwight
mentioned, port 0 of 3590 drive to old SP node port 1 to the new node. I
just leave the two ports online. Whenever I need the drives for testing,
make it available in AIX and define drvie in ADSM.

I think it will be safer to offline the port on the drive when you are not
using it. I don't know if there will be interruption when you are using the
drive on machine A and there is a system reboot on machine B. I have not
arrange reboot to find it out.

Regards,
Eric Tang