ADSM-L

Re: How do TSM Schedule Priorities Work?

2000-05-31 07:36:03
Subject: Re: How do TSM Schedule Priorities Work?
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 06:36:03 -0500
schedule priorities only determine which task starts first.
Only one scheduled event runs at a time, one must finish before the next one
starts
(in the event of multiple events are scheduled in the same window on a
single client)
So if you have multiple events with the same start time and you know one
will take only, say, ten minutes, you would want to assign that a priority 1
then if the other event is expected to take, say, four hours, let it take a
default of 5.
Once the task starts, the priority means nothing.

The only way you will run two backups on the node concurrently will be if
you initiate them manually OR have a scheduled event that runs a command on
your client to initiate two independent backups.  With the new TSM it will
multi-task scheduled backups.

Task priorities are for scheduling purposes only.

Dwight