ADSM-L

Web Client for Netware

2015-10-04 17:30:27
Subject: Web Client for Netware
From: Collins, Rick [mailto:RCollins AT UNCH.UNC DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I am the owner of NT and Netware servers being migrated from Arcserve to
ADSM using client 3.1.08.  We have just finished the NT migration, and I am
using the Backup Client Admin program on each box.  I just needed to set
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE set in the dsm.opt and then supply the password only
once to authenticate the client administrator.  I just configured the first
Netware server , and I want to use the web client.  I have PASSWORDACCESS
GENERATE and NWPWFILE set in the dsm.opt, and I can authenticate fine to the
ADSM server, Netware and NDS from the console.  However, when I load
DSMCAD.NLM and then go fire up a browser to http://servername:1581 , I get a
Username and Password prompt that I can't satisfy.  The docs seem to
indicate that an admin user of Nodename is created by default, when the node
is configured, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it wants for a
password.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  The ADSM admin just sees
authentication failures at the host whenever I try to authenticate.  Thanks.

Rick Collins
Computer Consultant
UNC Health Care
919-966-2929
In accordance with UNC Hospitals policy the
opinion(s) expressed in this document do not
necessarily represent the opinion(s) of UNC
Hospitals or its management.