ADSM-L

Re: Backing up Indirectly Automounted FSs

2000-05-29 20:06:13
Subject: Re: Backing up Indirectly Automounted FSs
From: Mebs Esmail <mesmail AT VANSEL.ALCATEL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 20:06:13 -0400
Hi
I had experienced this problem earlier. I believe indirect mounts don't have
a pipe all the time. Only when you access the file system's mount point,
that is when the file system mounts. When Adsm client tries this it crops
out. Although I found that if you access the file system first from the
prompt and then run dsm it will see it. After a ideal period the pipe is no
longer existing the scheduler will fail the next time it queries the server.
I had to manually mount the file system instead of indirect mounts to work
around this.

Hope this helps.

Mebs Esmail
Network Analyst