ADSM-L

How do you move data from one copypool to another copypool

2000-05-29 20:22:54
Subject: How do you move data from one copypool to another copypool
From: Gavin Ring <Gavin.Ring AT ALCATEL.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:22:54 +1000
Hello all

I have a copypool that uses 3490e tape drives.

Some months ago we acquired STK 9840 tape drives. So I created a new copypool
for these new tape drives and have been backing up my disk/tape storage pools to
this new copypool and letting the data in the old copy pool expire.

I'm now at the point where I want to move the data from the old copypool to the
new copypool, but I'm not sure how I do this.

Do I just delete the volumes in the old copypool and hope *SM will create a new
copy in the new copypool the next time I backup my disk/tape storage pools?

Any help would be appreciated....

Regards

Gavin

                   Email Confidentiality
                   Email Confidentiality

This email may contain privileged/confidential information.
You may not copy or disclose this message to anyone without
the written permission of Alcatel.  If you have received
this email in error please kindly delete this message and
notify the sender.  Opinions expressed in this message are
those of the sender and not necessarily the opinions of
Alcatel.