ADSM-L

Archiving/Retrieving

2000-05-16 14:49:48
Subject: Archiving/Retrieving
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:49:48 -0700
Can someone please tell me how this works?

1. This applies to one specific computer only. Let's say I do an archive
once a week for specific directories and drives, those archives go offsite
daily. How does ADSM tell me what tape(s) to recall if I need to restore
something? What does the system do while this tape is being recalled? How
long will it wait for it? Where do I, as the ADSM Administrator, see this
message to recall the tape if the customer is the one who happened to use
the WEB-GUI to retrieve the file?

2. Is there a query command that will tell me the following: For each
archived file above, tell me the file name, node name, date archived and
tape number?

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
Computer Systems Group