ADSM-L

Re: Archiving/Retrieving

2015-10-04 17:30:27
Subject: Re: Archiving/Retrieving
From: Mr. Lindsay Morris [mailto:lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Gee, Geoff.
Why not use an automated tape library, use the standard ADSM incremnetal
forever thing, and let the customer do their own restores?
Then you don't HAVE to know what tape.  (But ADSM will tell you what it
needs
if you don't use an automated library...)

Basically, the benefit you get with ADSM is IT manages tapes FOR you.
You seem to want to do it yourself.  I fear you're missing the point of the
product.

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris