ADSM-L

Re: dsmfmt of a Logical Volume for Log extend

2000-05-15 09:54:12
Subject: Re: dsmfmt of a Logical Volume for Log extend
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:54:12 -0400
You can use raw logical volumes, but the TSM developers recommend you don't.

What most poeple do, to control whch physical disks get used, is:
    -create a new LV (here, you can specify which disk)
    -create a filesystem on it
    -dsmfmt a file in that filesystem

Don't use LVM mirroring.  Use ADSM mirroring.
Good luck.

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris