ADSM-L

Re: Possible problem with TSM BA client for windows?

2000-05-15 08:44:19
Subject: Re: Possible problem with TSM BA client for windows?
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 07:44:19 -0500
Maybe there is not enough coffee in my system yet, but Jack's problem doesn't
jibe with Bill's comment.

The readme for the 3.7.2 client says (and I don't remember what the warning was
for the downlevel TSM clients)

Warnings
--------
 - Data that has been backed up or archived from this V3.7 Tivoli Storage
 - Data that has been backed up or archived from this V3.7 Tivoli Storage
   Manager client (3.7.2 level) cannot be restored or retrieved to
   any previous level client, regardless of the server level.
   The data must be restored or retrieved by a 3.7.2 level or higher client.

But Jack is saying he CAN do the restore with the OLD client, but CAN'T with the
 new client.  Jack, is this correct?

Taking the warning as fact, does anyone know what happens to the older client
data?  Is it still kept, with all its managament class
attributes, and starts expiring? Or, does it cease to exist, replaced by the
data that has been backed up by the new client?

thanks,
lisa

"Slaughter, Bill" <BillSlaughter AT TUPPERWARE DOT COM> on 05/12/2000 02:32:31
PM