ADSM-L

Re: AIX archives

2000-05-12 09:25:48
Subject: Re: AIX archives
From: Ted Hillhouse <thillhou AT COXNET DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:25:48 -0500
find /u02/oracle/admin/prod/arch -type f -mtime +1 -name "redo*"|xargs -i
-n10 /usr/bin/dsmc arc -deletefiles
This is a command I use in cron to move oracle archive logs (that are over
This is a command I use in cron to move oracle archive logs (that are over
24 hours old) from disk to tape.  It works very well.  I used 10 as the
number of arguments to pass so I would not receive adsm archive details for
every file.  Whatever number you use for the -n argument, just make sure you
do not exceed the 255 character shell limit for a command.

Ted Hillhouse
UNIX Sys Admin
Cox Health Systems
Springfield, MO