ADSM-L

Re: Restore help <urgent>

2000-05-11 21:06:43
Subject: Re: Restore help <urgent>
From: Mark Brown <mark AT CC.MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 21:06:43 -0400
I've never gotton a restore to work from the command line and putting
into
the background even using nohup. There is some kind of prompt from the
adsm
client that causes the command to "hang". When I hit enter the process
dies. However running it as a macro works fine:

Make a file like   restore.mac  and add the following line:

restore /mpf1/ -subdir=yes -replace=all -tapeprompt=no -quiet=yes >>
/tmp/restore.log

Then do  nohup dsmc macro restore.mac &

Mark Brown
mark AT cc.mcgill DOT ca