ADSM-L

Attention: Customers using Tivoli Storage Manager V3.7 for MVS and OS/390 server

2000-05-11 21:16:58
Subject: Attention: Customers using Tivoli Storage Manager V3.7 for MVS and OS/390 server
From: Kathy Mitton <kgmitton AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 18:16:58 -0700
Attention:  Customers using Tivoli Storage Manager V3.7 for MVS and OS/390
server

We suspect there may be a serious problem with the TSM V3.7. MVS and OS/390
server option FIXEDIOBUFSIZE when a non-zero size is specified. We are
currently investigating this problem and will post more information as soon
as possible.  To minimize the risk of problems, we strongly urge you to
disable the FIXEDIOBUFSIZE  option immediately.

To disable the FIXEDIOBUFSIZE option:
1) Stop your server.
2) Edit the server options file and change the FIXEDIOBUFSIZE value to 0
                 FIXEDIOBUFSIZE 0
3) Restart your server.
4) After the server is restarted, issue the QUERY OPTION FIXEDIOBUFSIZE
command to make sure FIXEDIOBUFSIZE is set to 0.

The default value of FIXEDIOBUFSIZE is 0.  If your server options file does
not contain FIXEDIOBUFSIZE or if your option file specifies FIXEDIOBUFSIZE
0, you do not need to take any further action.

We will post more information regarding this problem as soon as possible.
In the meantime, please refrain from using the FIXEDIOBUFSIZE option.

Kathy Mitton
Tivoli Storage Manager