ADSM-L

Re: DPA for Exchange

2000-05-11 13:46:42
Subject: Re: DPA for Exchange
From: Richard Smith <richard.smith.hs45 AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:46:42 -0500
We are using the ADSMConnect Agent for Exchange.  I believe the reason for
not supporting individual mailbox restores is for the performance.  To
restore the mailboxes individually, you would have to back them up
individually.  Also, I believe there were some questions as to what
Microsoft would support as far as Mailbox backups are concerned.

As far as how we handle it, we just don't support individual mailbox
restores, unless it is an administrative mistake.  In that case we use a
spare Exchange server to restore the data and then send the user their data.
We use the recover deleted items option to circumvent most users need to
restore a mailbox.

Hope this helps,

Rick Smith
Storage Management LTSB Team