ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Web Gui

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: Re: ADSM Web Gui
From: Mike Glassman - Admin [mailto:admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We have it loaded on all the servers.

I built a web page which lists all the servers so all the help desk has to
do is click on the specific server, input the servers name and password and
they can restore.

The thing I don't like about the web interface, altho it is extremely easier
under Netware then the damned command line, is that there's no indication of
whether the restore is actually running untill it tells you in the end it's
done, as in, no indication as to if it's searching the tapes, or bringing
the file back to you (progress bar). Otherwise, it's a dream under Netware.

Mike