ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Web Gui

2000-05-05 08:54:56
Subject: Re: ADSM Web Gui
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.AIS.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 08:54:56 -0400
Gail,

I concur with Mike. We run the dsmcad program on all our clients. That way the
server admin, or whomever, is responsible for restores on their boxes, even
though it's in our 'glass room'. As long as the IP address and port number are
known there's no reason a competent help desk operator couldn't handle it.

Mike,

Doesn't your restore window give you the popup that shows the number of files
transferred and or failed? You can also bring up the sessions window from the
server admin and track idle/wait/write progress for a session, although watching
some of those mount wait times can be a little depressing :-(

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman