ADSM-L

Re: how many admins per client occupancy size, db size, servers a nd or terabytes storage

2000-05-03 16:00:04
Subject: Re: how many admins per client occupancy size, db size, servers a nd or terabytes storage
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:00:04 -0500
I'm with Wanda on this.  The others at Central Site know enough to cover
for me when I'm out, and my primary concern is with the adsm server (one
in, another on the way, 900 clients).  Where I differ is on the setup of
client support.  Since desktop support is a function of the various
devisions, both administrative and academic, I have a domain per division
so the local administrators have control over their own backups and
registration and scheduling is a local affair.  If they have problems, they
call me.  We are talking about a policy that if you install the code, you
use it;  machines that haven't had a backup in a certain number of days get
deleted.