ADSM-L

TDP for SQL on Clustered Servers

2000-04-06 16:39:13
Subject: TDP for SQL on Clustered Servers
From: William R Zehnder <wzehnder AT JCPENNEY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:39:13 -0500
I just installed TDP for SQL Server on 2 clustered machines.  Everything
went pretty well, except I can't get my newly defined scheduler service
to retain its password.  When I entered the following under Registry
Replication -

SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\BackupClient\NODES\CLUSTER_NODE

it appears to work.  But when I bring the scheduler service online
through cluster administrator, it generates the follow errors on the
server -

04/06/00   14:04:29  ANR0444W Protocol error on session 4848 for node
                      CLUSTER_NODE (WinNT) - out-of-sequence verb (type
                      SignOff) received.
04/06/00   14:04:29  ANR0484W Session 4848 for node CLUSTER_NODE (WinNT)

                      terminated - protocol violation detected.

When I go into the registry and drill down to BackupClient\NODES, I
would expect to see CLUSTER_NODE listed there along with the actual
machine name.  Its not appearing there though.  The machine name is
there, but CLUSTER_NODE is not.

The client level is 3.7.1.03, TDP level is 1.1.2, server level is
3.1.2.50.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this?

--
Cordially,
Cordially,

Bill Zehnder