ADSM-L

Re: Records in the VOLHISTORY file.

2000-03-23 14:01:59
Subject: Re: Records in the VOLHISTORY file.
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:01:59 -0500
There are cases where the STGNEW and STGDELETE records can be useful to
figure out what you need to audit and clean up AFTER you have done a restore
of the ADSM DB to a back level (which hopefully you will NEVER need to
do...).

That's the only thing I know of that those records can be used for.

So I delete my STGNEW and STGDELETE records that are older than my oldest DB
backup tape, since that's as far back as I could go in a recovery situation.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert