ADSM-L

Re: STK 9840 and TSM 3.7

2000-03-23 13:56:53
Subject: Re: STK 9840 and TSM 3.7
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:56:53 -0500
Virginia,
Actually, I saw the increase in reclaim times when we moved from 3490 to DLT
(which is a 35 GB tape.)

And yes, I had to make changes.  With 3490 I let reclamations occur pretty
much on demand.  With DLT I found reclamation could run for hours on a
single tape.  What I ended up doing was rescheduling the reclamations for
the weekend, instead of letting them occur daily.

Now with the 9840's, my reclaims are faster than with DLT, because the mount
times are so much shorter.   I checked and the last 3 reclaims that ran (my
reclaim% is set to 75) took 50 minutes, 30 minutes, and 55 minutes, on a
Saturday, when the server had nothing else to do.    Your results will vary
depending on a lot of things, such as whether your pool was originally
collocated or not.

Wanda Prather