ADSM-L

Re: Performance problem with DLT drives

2000-03-11 13:59:26
Subject: Re: Performance problem with DLT drives
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <ohnielse AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:59:26 +0100
"Long, Matt" <Matt.Long AT MARRIOTT DOT COM> wrote:
>        You will need to run version 95 of the Quantum
> DLT microcode because
> ADSM is highly incompatible with many of the functions
> of DLT.  Also, Our
> company had to have IBM give us special microcode to
> address some of the
> ways ADSM handles certain sense data etc. Use us as a
> reference. They know
> who we are.  They know what the problem is.

We have problems with a Quantum DLT4700 jukebox ejecting
the magazine from time to time.  So we loaded the latest
Quantum microcode, I think #140 or so, but we still see
the same problems.  The ADSM server is 3.1.2.50 on
AIX 4.1.5.

Must one install exactly microcode #95, or will the
newer ones be OK ?  What is the IBM microcode mentioned,
is it for AIX or for the Quantum DLT drive ?  Can you
give a more detailed reference to that microcode ?

Ole H. Nielsen
Technical University of Denmark