ADSM-L

Netware hangs

2000-02-28 05:58:13
Subject: Netware hangs
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:58:13 +0000
Hi everybody,
Has anyone with netware ADSM clients got a solution to a regular problem we are
seeing of netware clients being prompted for a schedule, the session initiating
then immediately going into idle wait state, and timing out after 90 minutes
when the idle time out is exceeded.
The netware client that hang show in their schedule logs, as the last thing
before the hang "connecting to netware file system".
The server is os390 ADSM 3.1.2.40.
The netware clients are 4.1.1 service pack 7 with ADSM client code of 3.1.03 and
3.1.08
We are switching our clients to 3.1.08 because IBM suggested this as a fix to
the problem.
However we still see the same hangat 3.1.08 , but it does have one advantage
that at 3.1.08 you can break out of the hang by rreloading the schedule, which
at 3.1.03 abends the netware client.
Anyone got any thoughts, experience with this.
Thanks,
John

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy plc.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric and Southern Electric are trading names of
Scottish and Southern Energy Group