ADSM-L

DRM question

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Subject: DRM question
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU=20
We are planning on installing DRM and possibly a second 3494 tape library
physically located in another building. The second library would hold our
copypool volumes and allow us to maintain them in a separate building and
avoid having to physically handle them thus providing for a relatively
'hands off' ADSM environment.
>From what I understand DRM allows for storing copypools on 'virtual
volumes' on another server, but in this case this second library would be
defined to our single ADSM server. Would this configuration work within =
the
DRM environment?

Regards,
Larry Clark