ADSM-L

DRM question

2000-02-09 12:36:49
Subject: DRM question
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:36:49 -0500
We are planning on installing DRM and possibly a second 3494 tape library
physically located in another building. The second library would hold our
copypool volumes and allow us to maintain them in a separate building and avoid
having to physically handle them thus providing for a relatively 'hands off'
ADSM environment.
From what I understand DRM allows for storing copypools on 'virtual volumes' on
another server, but in this case this second library would be defined to our
single ADSM server. Would this configuration work within the DRM environment?

Regards,
Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority