ADSM-L

[no subject]

2000-02-08 19:09:00
From: Brian Salamon <brians AT BLUEMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:09:00 -0700
I have two servers that run SQL 6.5, and also an application that requires a
particular user profile be logged on to function. Manually, I can stop the
apps, stop the SQL Server and run the job. (The app is reliant on SQL being
started). How, though can I automate the process through the scheduler? I'm
aware of the preschedulecmd and postschedulecmd to initiate command line
functions, but I can't use those logon and start the two applications. or
can I? Additionally, I've tried to use the NT Resource Kit to run the
applications as services, but this will not work for this application. Would
have solved everything, and eliminated the need to have an ID logged on at
the console. Otherwise, the other option is to install the SQL agent, but
haven't tested this yet.
 I'm game for any suggestions anyone may have.

Brian Salamon
Anthem BCBS Colorado
Denver, Co.
brians AT bluemail DOT com