ADSM-L

Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: Help: DB backup fails.]]]

2000-01-13 13:34:52
Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: Help: DB backup fails.]]]
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:34:52 -0500
Logan,

If your drives have really been offline since 1/6/00, perhaps this dbbaackup had
simply expired since then (Check your DBBACKUP expiration setup).  If an error
occured on the tape, I do not believe it would change it from a dbbackup to
scratch tape as a result.  At least, I have not seen this (But I have seen a
decent number of tape I/O errors in the last year - DLT7000's ugh)  Again, you
need to search your logs to find out for sure if the problem was a one time
incident or if it might happen again, whatever it was. =] Happy hunting!

adam
Adam Slesinger
Corporate Information Systems
Brown & Sharpe, RI