ADSM-L

Re: 3590E Tape Problems

2000-01-13 09:11:06
Subject: Re: 3590E Tape Problems
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:11:06 +0100
After upgrading, did you delete the drives from ADSM and redefine them?
If not, those drives and the volumes written on them are still B-type from
the ADSM server point of view. Those volumes are refused to be mounted
on 3590E drives (and vice versa), as long as their access is READWRITE.

When I was in that situation, having a mixture of 3590B and 3590E drives
(from the ADSM server point of view, not in reality), I did the
following:

   -  redefined the drives,
   -  set access of affected volumes to READONLY,
   -  MOVE DATA,
   -  set access to READWRITE again.

I did not have to relabel the volumes.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet