ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal Restore

2000-01-12 18:02:05
Subject: Re: Bare Metal Restore
From: Mark Mooney <Mark.Mooney AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:02:05 -0500
What is a "Bare Metal Restore"?

Thanks
Mooney

From: "Kristopher T. Domich" <kdomich AT DIMENSION DOT NET> on 01/12/2000 18:15

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU@SMTP@Exchange
cc:

Subject:  Re: Bare Metal Restore still actual?

in my experience, be sure that you have the MOST up to date client code and
use the "second instance" method to do this.

At 04:15 PM 1/12/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Is there now a bare metal recover for Windows NT available?
>
>Regards
>Werner Nussbaumer
>
>"Talafous, John G." wrote:
> >
> > I came away from the TSM 3.7 announcement thinking bare metal restore would
> > fade away.  Instead of bare metal restore we get Portable Backup
> capability.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Kristopher T. Domich
Systems Engineer
Dimension Enterprises
205 Van Buren Street
Suite 180
Herndon, VA 20170

+1.703.709.7500 x289    (O)
+1.703.709.7699         (F)
+1.703.932.1848         (C)
+1.800.946.4646 PIN 1708789     (P)
1708789 AT mobilecomm DOT net  (Text Page 200 Chars or Less)

PGP Key Available