ADSM-L

Re: Questions about the Magstar 3575

1999-12-06 08:52:04
Subject: Re: Questions about the Magstar 3575
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:52:04 +0100
Hi,

At 10:12 06.12.99 -0000, Sharp, Chris wrote:
>Hello all,
>        We have a Magstar 3575 tape lib, it is mainly taken up with the main
>storage pool, but the library is full and I want to be able to access tapes
>that are not physically in the tape pool without loading them in to the
>library ( not taking up one of the 60 slots). Is there any way to get the
>system to load a tape from the entry exit port, read it and then eject it to
>the entry exit again , rather than loading it into the library. Sorry if
>this is not very coherent, but it has been a very long weekend.

You can use the checkin libvolume command with the swap=yes option.
ADSM will eject the least frequently mounted volume to make room for
the needed one.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany