ADSM-L

Questions about the Magstar 3575

1999-12-06 05:12:37
Subject: Questions about the Magstar 3575
From: "Sharp, Chris" <chris.sharp AT PMSC.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 10:12:37 -0000
Hello all,
        We have a Magstar 3575 tape lib, it is mainly taken up with the main
storage pool, but the library is full and I want to be able to access tapes
that are not physically in the tape pool without loading them in to the
library ( not taking up one of the 60 slots). Is there any way to get the
system to load a tape from the entry exit port, read it and then eject it to
the entry exit again , rather than loading it into the library. Sorry if
this is not very coherent, but it has been a very long weekend.

Cheers for any help.

Chris Sharp
Micro Systems Engineer
PMSC
Tel:- +0044 (0)1932 879205
E-Mail:- Chris.Sharp AT pmsc.co DOT uk <mailto:Chris.Sharp AT pmsc.co DOT uk>