ADSM-L

Re: Error when trying to backup DB2.

1999-11-23 07:39:03
Subject: Re: Error when trying to backup DB2.
From: Gyula Bereczky <bx AT MAIL.DATATRANS DOT HU>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:39:03 +0100
On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 05:56:51AM -0600, Jason E. Thomas wrote:
> Gyula,
>
>         THanks.  Late last evening I discovered if I comment out the line
> desgnating and includeexclude statement.  It backs up fine.  Your research
> is right on the money.  However, I also need to back up some regular
> non-database data via client schedules.  Eventually I'd like to put some non
> db2 files in the include exclude statement with the db2 files.  It won't
> seem to except any inclexcl statement.  I even went to an extreme and bound
> everything to the db2_mgnt class. like:
>
> /.../*  db2_mgmt
>

> (That was the whole file and it hated it. 420 error).  Is there something
> special a db2 and inclexcl I am not aware of?
Jason,
backing up the db2 databas and some client files are two different things.
For the db2 backup, you use the api client, which is looking or the opt and sys
files defined by the DSMI_CONFIG and DSMI_DIR variables.
For db2 you don't define an include-exclude list file, since you define the
nodename, pw, and management class in the database configuration.
For normal files you use the backup client, which takes the DSM_CONFIG and
DSM_DIR variables.

--
                                                        bx
                                                        bx