ADSM-L

3995 problem

1999-11-17 09:09:07
Subject: 3995 problem
From: Gyula Bereczky <bx AT MAIL.DATATRANS DOT HU>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:09:07 +0100
Hello,
after installing a 3995 C20 I was able to label and check in volumes into it,
but when i try to run an archive to it i get this error :

ANR1405W Scratch volume mount request denied - no scratch volume available.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 4 for node FOXSRV1 (AIX) - no space
available in storage pool 3995POOL and all successor pools.

Tho, I can see scratch volumes in the library:
3995LIB         OPT01          Scratch(Optical)                  11
3995LIB         OPT02          Scratch(Optical)                  12
etc.

My setup is:
STGPOOL:
           Storage Pool Name: 3995POOL
           Storage Pool Type: Primary
           Device Class Name: 3995
 Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed: 20
                          Access: Read/Write

DEVICE CLASS:
             Device Class Name: 3995
        Device Access Strategy: Sequential
            Storage Pool Count: 1
                   Device Type: WORM
                       Format: DRIVE
        Est/Max Capacity (MB): 0.0
                  Mount Limit: DRIVES
           Mount Wait (min): 60
       Mount Retention (min): 60
                Label Prefix:
                     Library: 3995LIB

LIBRARY:
                Library Name: 3995LIB
                Library Type: SCSI
                      Device: /dev/lb1

DRIVE:
3995LIB       DRIVE0        OPTICAL      /dev/rop0         Yes

Any help is appreciated.

--
                                                        bx
                                                        bx