ADSM-L

Re: ADSM scheduled backup hangs on the second partition

1999-10-14 05:35:16
Subject: Re: ADSM scheduled backup hangs on the second partition
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:35:16 +0200
Hi Stephanie,

You can not do anything about it (Apart from increasing the Idletimeout
parameter),
I believe IBM should do something about the code so it tells the ADSM server
that the client is in fact still busy doing processing although the session
state is IdleW. We have two servers where this behaviour has been an issue.
We
increased the idletimeout to 60 and the server completes. Have a look at
your
directory structure on the client machine - you will find this server has in
excess
of 100000 files in a certain directory - while ADSM is still busy getting
the list
of files on the client machine it is in Idlew status untill the list is
complete.

The only problem is that by increasing the Idletimeout parameter it is
applicable
to all sessions on the server - so if you have plenty of server finishing of
at
more or less the same time you'll have many sessions sitting there waiting
for
the timeout parameter of 1 hour - If you are limited on the ADSM server in
terms
of sessions that you can run concurrent then this becomes an issue.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank
Johannesburg