ADSM-L

Re: Plea for ammo-

1999-10-07 18:56:18
Subject: Re: Plea for ammo-
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:56:18 +1000
G'day,

I'll offer the opposite argument.

I am responsible for the ADSM servers at our site. There are over 200 NT
servers at ADSM clients, and I don't have, need, or want, admin rights to them.
The same applices to all of our Unix boxes.

We have a Unix support group and an NT support group. If there is a problem
with the ADSM client configuration, it is their responsibility to fix it. Yes,
there are times when I need to step in and help, but it is the client people
who do the work, and are ultimately responsible for the ADSM client
configuration.

Someone needs admin rights on the NT box to setup/support ADSM. But it doesn't
have to be the ADSM server administrator.

regards,

Trevor