ADSM-L

Re: Plea for ammo-

1999-10-07 11:21:20
Subject: Re: Plea for ammo-
From: "Purdon, James" <james_purdon AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:21:20 -0400
Hi Lisa,
  I don't think you need admin on the clients - we have 150 clients here,
and I don't have root or admin rights on most of them.  We place
responsability for client to ADSM backups onto the admins of the clients
(though we do let them know when they haven't backed up their filespaces),
and mainly concern ourselves with the integrity of the server.

  If you examine the scheduling portion of the server, you'll notice that
there is an option to run an arbitrary command on a client.  While I don't
know of its utility for NT clients, I can say that it works very nicely on
UNIX clients.

Jim