ADSM-L

Windows 95 - TSM (ADSM) 3.7.1 Client Problem

1999-10-07 10:58:46
Subject: Windows 95 - TSM (ADSM) 3.7.1 Client Problem
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:58:46 -0400
This is a client bug.

 When Microsoft added extended (> 2 gig) partition (FAT 32) support in OSR2 of
Win95 this API was required to correctly
obtain the size of extended FAT32 partitions.

The problem is that the older version of kernel32.dll  doesn't export this
function and the ADSM client references it, which causes
the Windows loader to complain and terminate the application.

Please open an incident with the support center and we will take an apar on it.

For now you might consider upgrading to OSR2 of Win95.

Sorry for the inconvenience .........

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development