ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation of Copypool (which is offsite)

1999-09-27 02:19:29
Subject: Re: Reclamation of Copypool (which is offsite)
From: "Landreville, Frederic" <Fred_Landreville AT RJRI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:19:29 +0200
Found my problem!

For ADSM, we installed a new 3590 tape drive (for a total of 4). Strangely,
all "write" operations (Daily copypool copies, DBBs etc) worked fine on the
new tape drive.

When a Tape Reclamation job used this new tape, through put was only a
couple of gigs a day! We put this tape drive offline, and restarted this
job, and tape reclamation job ran in less than 2 hours for 12 tapes...

Sometimes it not software, but hardware...

Just thought I'd let you know!

Frederic Landreville
Phone 011-41-22-703-0323  Internet fred_landreville AT rjri DOT com
Fax   011-41-22-703-0324

R.J. Reynolds International B.V. (Hilversum) Geneva Branch
14, Chemin Rieu
CH-1211 Geneva 17
Switzerland