ADSM-L

Reclamation of Copypool (which is offsite)

2015-10-04 17:39:21
Subject: Reclamation of Copypool (which is offsite)
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Here is our setup:

We have ADSM Version 2 running on an AS400 model 640 with V4R1 and 3 3590
drives. Everything run great, backup, DBB, Copytapes etc...

When we try the Reclaimation job for the COPYTAPE pool, I get only about 300
to 400 megs per hour throughput... what gives? (as we get 3 to 6 gigs in 15
minutes for the creation of COPYTAPEs)

while the job is running (or walking, depending  on my point of view) the
AS400 CPU is only at 1 to 3% busy.

Anybody have any experiences to share with ADSM on AS400?

Frederic Landreville
Phone 011-41-22-703-0323  Internet fred_landreville AT rjri DOT com
<mailto:fred_landreville AT rjri DOT com>
Fax   011-41-22-703-0789

R.J. Reynolds International B.V. (Hilversum) Geneva Branch
14, Chemin Rieu
CH-1211 Geneva 17
Switzerland