ADSM-L

Recovering "In Limbo" files

1999-09-23 11:46:46
Subject: Recovering "In Limbo" files
From: DAVID HENDRIX <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:46:46 -0500
Opening a PMR with IBM right now, but,

Have a client that lost a disk on 9/21.  The last good backup was on 9/21.  A
backup occured on 9/22 and then 9/23.  They only had two copies specified in
this management class (wont go into the fact they should have STOPPED the
backups!).

Expiration has not run yet for today so looking at show versions, I see the
active, the inactive AND the inactive on the 21st which has a deactivation date
of 12/00/0/ 00:00:00 (probably a flag that says get rid of it).

Short of restoring my database to an alternate location and bringing the
alternate up to do the restore, is there a way to get that "inactive" file back?
I've changed the management class to 7 versions and activated the policyset, but
the files are still in that limbo state?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

David Hendrix